Ohio Man Strangled Mother to Death; Indicted in Court after Extensive Investigation

A Dayton man was indicted on Monday for the strangulation death of his mother, who was discovered in 2007 in her SUV in the parking lot of the former Dayton Airport Inn.

Jeffrey Trent Young, 59, is currently being held in the Montgomery County Jail on a $1 million bond. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on Thursday for the offenses of homicide, felonious assault, and tampering with evidence.

Patricia Peck, 62, of Clayton, was reported missing on February 25, 2007, after she failed to arrive for work at the hair salon she co-owned in Butler Township. She left employment the day before to visit her son, according to the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office.

On March 8, 2007, her corpse was discovered in the rear parking lot of the now-demolished hotel located at 3300 Terminal Drive in Dayton, Ohio, in the back seat of her SUV.

“The face and torso of her body exhibited signs of blunt force trauma.” “She was found with a plastic bag wrapped around her face,” according to an affidavit submitted to Dayton Municipal Court.

Alabama Mother Tortured Kids with BlowTorch and Exposed them to Drugs; Sent to Jail for Gruesome Abuse

According to the prosecutor’s office, the victim’s son was identified as a suspect from the outset of the investigation, and the coroner’s office determined that strangulation was the cause of death.

According to the affidavit, Young had previously informed the police that he had last seen her after she left him off at his apartment on the night of February 24, 2007.

DNA from an unknown male was discovered on the trousers and socks worn by Peck at the time of her murder, when evidence was submitted to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation for review in 2023.

Mom Killed Son after Regaining Custody from Adoptive Family in Ohio; Cruel Mother Confessed Brutal Crime

In August 2023, a search warrant was obtained for Young’s DNA, which Police stated was discovered to be a match.

Young acknowledged that he had been employed at the Dayton Airport Inn for over three years during an interview with Dayton police on June 13. The affidavit also stated that he reportedly confessed to the police that Peck had entered his apartment on the night of February 24, 2007, rather than simply dropping him off, a fact to which he had never previously admitted.

In 2007, the Dayton Daily News reported that Young was the last individual to witness his mother alive, but he denied any involvement in her demise. He stated that the night prior to her disappearance, they visited a grocery store and a Wendy’s drive-thru before his mother left him off at his apartment in Huber Heights.

Utah State Employee Arrested for Sleeping with Underage Girls: Authorities