How to Convert Word to Excel? Just Two Easy Method! Check Now!
This article demonstrates how to convert word documents to excel spreadsheets while maintaining the same formatting. Assume you need to prepare or sort data in a word document. Excel is obviously the preferable option for this.
You don’t have to retype the data in the new excel file, which is a relief. Simply convert the word document to an excel spreadsheet while maintaining the formatting. Take a short glance at it to discover how to do that quickly.
Follow the Steps
- Open the Word document that contains the data you wish to convert to Excel.
- Click the File tab in the Ribbon and then the Save As option.
- Choose where you wish to save the plain text file on your computer, give it a name, and change the file type to Plain Text. The Word file in this example is called “CH Test File,” and the plain text file is called “CH Test File Plain.” After you’ve selected a location and given the file a name, click Save.
- A File Conversion pop-up window appears. Leave Windows (default) checked, and then click OK.
- You can now exit the Word document and program.
- Open Microsoft Excel and click New > Blank Workbook.
7. Click the Data tab on the Ribbon and then the From Text/CSV option.
8. Find the location on your computer where you stored the plain text file in step 3. Click Import after selecting the file.
9. Excel displays a blank pop-up box in which you must provide the File Origin, Delimiter, and Data Type detection parameters. Check that the default information is correct, then click Load. Make any necessary modifications and click Load if any information is incorrect. In Excel, the imported data is now in the correct format.
10. Save the Excel spreadsheet.
Applying Online Converters
We looked at the built-in methods for converting the contents of a Word file to Excel. However, utilizing internet converters, you may easily convert them with the touch of a mouse.
Make sure you have a reliable internet connection before using online converters. Importing both organized and unstructured data, on the other hand, does not require an internet connection.
The majority of internet converters follow the same technique.
- To begin, open the online converter URL in any web browser or use a search engine to find online converters.
- Navigate to the appropriate conversion page, for example, Word to Excel converter (or).doc to.xlsx.
- Choose the file to convert or simply drag and drop it.
- Save the transformed file.
- There are numerous online converters available to assist you in converting your Word file to Excel. The following are some online converters:
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Convert Data From Word to Excel Without Losing Formatting?
Using the Paste Special option: Keep Source Formatting, you may effortlessly copy and paste the data.
Can Photos in a Word Document Be Converted to Excel?
No, when you convert the Word file to a.txt file and then import the data into Excel, the graphics are not included. When you copy and paste data from a Word document to Excel, however, the graphics are included.
How Can I Free Convert Word to Excel?
There are built-in methods for doing things like importing the Word file as a.txt file and moving the data from Word to Excel. If you need another option, there are a number of free online converters available to help you convert Word to Excel.
You now understand how to convert a word document to an excel spreadsheet. Please let us know if this article was helpful in resolving your issue. If you have any further questions or recommendations, please leave them in the comments area below. Continue to learn with us.