How much is Alexander Gustafsson worth? Take a look at his career’s awards and achievements.
Alexander Gustafsson, also known as “The Mauler,” is an MMA (Mixed Martial Artist) fighter from Sweden. He competes in the UFC’s heavyweight division (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and has a Pro MMA record of 18-7-0 (Win-Loss-Draw). Alexander Gustafsson is a Swedish MMA fighter who has competed in the UFC’s light heavyweight division since 2009.
Gustafsson has fought in a number of memorable UFC fights, including one that was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.
Alexander Gustafsson Early Life
Alexander Gustafsson was born in Stockholm, Sweden on January 15, 1987, and grew up there. Gustafsson began boxing training and was one of the best youth fighters in Sweden, winning several amateur titles.
Gustafsson appeared to be destined for a career as a professional boxer, but his passion for mixed martial arts drew him into full-time fighting. Gustafsson started his mixed martial arts career 8-0 and was signed to the UFC in 2009.
Quick Info About Alexander Gustafsson
Alexander Lars-Ake Gustafsson
|Date of Birth||15 January 1987|
|Net worth||1.5 Million|
Alexander Gustafsson Career
Alexander Gustafsson won his UFC debut against Jared Hamman and went on to win seven of his next eight fights. During his early-2010s run, he defeated Thiago Silva, Mauricio Rua, and Cyrille Diabate, among others.
Gustafsson struggled to get past Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier when he first entered the title picture, competing for the light heavyweight division title. After defeating Glover Teixeira at UFC Fight Night in 2017, Gustafsson struggled to win again, dropping four more fights to fall to 18-8.
Alexander Gustafsson’s Net Worth and Career Earnings
Alexander Gustafsson didn’t make much money in his early UFC career, with payouts totaling around $6,000 before winning bonuses. Gustafsson’s pay rose over time, and in 2013, he earned his first six-figure payday in a fight against Jon Jones at UFC 165.
Gustafsson’s biggest payday came in the rematch against Jones, where he earned $530,000 but fell short once more. Gustafsson has earned more than $1.7 million in his UFC career, which does not make him one of the richest MMA fighters in the world, but it is a respectable sum.
Alexander Gustafsson’s net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million, based on earnings from his MMA career and endorsements.
Alexander Gustafsson Personal Life
Alexander Gustafsson has been in a relationship with Moa Antonio Johansson for almost all of his career; they became engaged following one of his fights. Gustafsson and Johansson are the parents of two children, a 2017 daughter and a 2018 son. His nickname is the Mauler, he enjoys scuba diving, and he made his acting debut in the 2015 film Johan Falk – Blood Diamonds.
Alexander Gustafsson Awards & Achievements
Starting in 2011, the victories of Alexander Gustafsson are listed below in bold:
- 21 February 2011: At UFC 127, Alexander’s first fight was with James Te Huna. He won because the other person gave up in the first round.
- 6 August 2011: He was supposed to fight Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC 133, but the fight was canceled. So, Gustafsson fought Matt Hamill and won the fight with a straight punch, two uppercuts, and a knockout in the second round.
- 30 December 2011: At UFC 141, Alexander and Vladimir Matyushenko finally agreed to fight. After jabbing and punching his opponent to the ground in the first round, he won.
- 14 April 2012: Gustafsson was supposed to fight Antônio Rogério Nogueira at UFC on FuelTV 2 in Sweden. But because Nogueria was hurt, Thiago Silva took his place. Then, Alexander won the match with his powerful outstrike, which put his opponent down in both the first and second rounds. He was happy that he had won by a unanimous vote (30–27, 30–27, and 29–28).
- 8 December 2012: Gustafsson agreed to fight Mauricio Rua at the UFC on Fox 5 event. He took Rua down six times, showing off his wrestling skills and strong strikes. This made it easy for him to win.
- 6 April 2013: At UFC on Fuel TV 9, Gustafsson fought former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Gegard Mousasi. But because of the sparring season, he got a cut that made him hard to see. So, Alexander was replaced by Ilir Latifi, who was new to the UFC but was one of Alexander’s main training partners.
Here are the most important awards and accomplishments in Alexander Gustafsson’s MMA career:
- In 2014, his match against Jimi Manuwa earned him the Performance of the Night award.
- Won the UFC’s “Fight of the Night” bonus four times.
- In 2013, when he fought Jon Jones, the fight was named Fight of the Year and was added to the UFC Hall of Fame Fight Wing.
- At the 2013 World MMA Awards, he was named International Fighter of the Year.
- Sherdog has named him to the All-Violence Team twice.
Alexander Gustafsson Real estate
Alexander Gustafsson was not the highest-paid fighter in the UFC, but he still made a lot of money and has saved most of it. He has said that money has never been important to him, and he doesn’t spend a lot of money on flashy things or the most expensive penthouses in the world.
Gustafsson has said, however, that UFC fighters aren’t paid enough, which is one reason why he doesn’t spend a lot of money. Even though Stockholm isn’t one of the most expensive cities in the world, Gustafsson lives in a small house there.
Alexander Gustafsson is a Swedish MMA fighter who has competed in the UFC’s light heavyweight division since 2009. He has a Pro MMA record of 18-7-0 and is estimated to be worth $1.5 million.
Alexander Gustafsson has been in a relationship with Moa Antonio Johansson for almost all of his career and is the father of two children. Alexander Gustafsson has won many awards and accomplishments in his MMA career, including Performance of the Night, Fight of the Year, International Fighter of the Year, and the All-Violence Team.
Let us know your thoughts about this post. This will help us improve our posts. For more information visit our website.