President Trump made it clear Saturday he will not concede to Joe Biden or settle for his projected win, saying the election is “removed from over.”
What’s subsequent: In a assertion, Trump stated the marketing campaign will start “prosecuting our case in courtroom” on Monday. The Trump marketing campaign has already launched a sequence of baseless authorized claims in opposition to 2020 voting, together with lawsuits in Georgia and Michigan that had been rapidly dismissed. His allegations of voter fraud have been made with out proof.
What he is saying:
“Everyone knows why Joe Biden is dashing to falsely pose because the winner, and why his media allies try so laborious to assist him: they don’t need the reality to be uncovered. The easy truth is that this election is way from over.”
— Trump assertion
- “Joe Biden has not been licensed because the winner of any states, not to mention any of the extremely contested states headed for necessary recounts, or states the place our marketing campaign has legitimate and bonafide authorized challenges that might decide the last word victor.
- “In Pennsylvania, for instance, our authorized observers weren’t permitted significant entry to look at the counting course of. Authorized votes determine who’s president, not the information media.
- “Starting Monday, our marketing campaign will begin prosecuting our case in courtroom to make sure election legal guidelines are totally upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American Individuals are entitled to an sincere election: which means counting all authorized ballots, and never counting any unlawful ballots.
- “That is the one method to make sure the general public has full confidence in our election. It stays stunning that the Biden marketing campaign refuses to agree with this primary precept and needs ballots counted even when they’re fraudulent, manufactured, or solid by ineligible or deceased voters.
- “Solely a celebration engaged in wrongdoing would unlawfully preserve observers out of the depend room – after which struggle in courtroom to dam their entry.
- “So what’s Biden hiding? I can’t relaxation till the American Folks have the sincere vote depend they deserve and that Democracy calls for.”
- Afterward Saturday, Trump took to Twitter to proceed to make baseless claims of voter fraud. “I WON THE ELECTION,” he tweeted. Twitter flagged the tweet, warning, “This declare about election fraud is disputed.”