The new trailer of DC’s new series Harley Quinn will have many DC Comic characters. Many of them are Batman Villains and allies as for Gotham city setting but the revelations are even about Clown Princess of Crime will be confronting heroes and villains from all corners of the DC Universe soon enough.
“Till Death do us apart” sets the stage for the series at large and introduces main players. We will get to know that Dr Harleen Quinzel was a brilliant psychiatrist until she developed a serious case of Stockholm syndrome for one of her patients – The Joker. However, the Clown Prince of Crime’s spell over his sidekick was broken after she spent a year locked up in Arkham Asylum waiting for him to help her escape.
With the help of another of her former patients, the plant manipulating Poison Ivy, Harley escapes both the asylum and her abusive relationship, deciding to prove that she can beat her ex-boyfriend at his own game by becoming the queen of Gotham City’s underworld and earning a spot in the Legion of Doom.
The fans of DC Comics will enjoy Harley Quinn’s twisted take on their favourite characters and a wide variety of cameos in every episode. The rundown of the show is as follows :
- Harley Quinn
- Series takes on when she comes directly from her 52 comics series and wears the costume from the movie Suicide Squad. The first episode details how Harley decides to rid herself of her ex-boyfriend and establish herself as a supervillain on her terms. The voice will be of Kaley Cuoco (Penny from Big Bang Theory)
2. The Joker
- Take on The Joker is cut in the classic mould of his counterpart from Batman: The Animated Series. He doesn’t take Harley’s attempt of independence seriously first and tries to keep her under her thumb until she blows up his hideout. The voice will be of Alan Tudyk (Mr Nobody on DC Universe’s Doom Patrol)
- Is the main affection in Joker’s life though Harley doesn’t realize it and that makes an easy foil for him as Harley tries to take over Joker’s territory. The voice will be of Diedrich Bader (Dark Knight Detective in Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon)
4. Commissioner Gordon
- Is a good cop who is frustrated by the ignorance and the type of criminal he has to deal with daily which leaves him completely isolated and then he continuously gets rejected by the Batman on an awkward hangout session. The voice will be given by Chris Miloni (Detective Elliot Stabler in Law and Order: SVU. )
5. Calendar Man
- It is a gimmick villain who kills on particular days but later converted into a serial killer because of the pattern of killing. Harley Quinn‘s version of Calendar Man is decidedly less serious, being an agreeable fellow who can count to the day just how long Harley has been locked up in Arkham Asylum without The Joker trying to rescue her. Despite this, he is somehow unable to remember his anniversary, much to his wife’s annoyance. The voice will be given by Alan Tudyk.
6. The Riddler
- Stupid by his father in childhood he grew in an urge to prove everyone that he is smart than anyone around him. This leads him to be a serial killer who tested the puzzle-solving capacity of superheroes and sometimes villains too. Although he is a good man to keep by side. The voice will be given by Jim Rash (Dean Craig Pelton in Community. )
7. Killer Croc
- With a disease that gave him the scaly skin of a reptile, Waylon Jones would later be mutated into a true hybrid of man and crocodile. Known as Killer Croc, he possesses a brilliant criminal mind in the comics but is usually portrayed as dumb muscle in most of his animated appearances. He is dumb enough to tell Harley that Joker is never going to rescue her from Arkham Asylum and weak enough to get thrown around by Harley once she is enraged. The voice will be given by Matt Oberg (Buddy Calhoun on Veep.)
8. Poison Ivy
- Before she was turned into a half-plant hybrid by her mad college professor, Pamela Isley preferred plants to people. Ivy takes Harley Quinn on as a project and starts trying to help bring back something of the woman who once helped her, becoming her best friend in the process. She will be voiced by Lake Bell, who also voices Katrina Peanutbutter on BoJack Horseman.
- The years Man-Bat has been both a berserk monster and an ally of Batman. Harley Quinn‘s take on the character is civilized enough to wait in the lunch line at Arkham Asylum, but he is not a fan of the cooking.
10. KG Beast
Knyazev can be briefly seen in the background of one scene, along with Killer Croc and Man-Bat, as they (and everyone else in the lunchroom of Arkham Asylum) try to tell Harley Quinn one last time that the Joker is not coming to rescue her, despite her belief to the contrary